INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
The personal information you provide is being collected for legitimate business purposes, which includes processing registrations and enquiries, keeping you informed about new events, content, products, offers and services that we deem relevant for your professional role.
The provision of this information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your registration or enquiry. All information provided by you to Osney Media will be held in the strictest confidence and only shared with third parties with your consent.
We may collect, store and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site(s). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services, requesting, applying or entering further services (including, but not limited to, a competition or promotion), making an enquiry, reporting a problem, registering for our event(s). This may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name, job role, company name, phone number and email address.
- In order to improve our communications with you and to improve our products and services, we may ask you to provide us with additional information about you, such as your professional interests, interests of your department and/or company, your contact preferences and your experiences with us. When you provide us with any personal information, you consent to us processing that information according to your preferences.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we, Osney Media, and partners such as BackBay Communications, may use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these surveys and all answers will remain anonymous in these instances.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site(s) and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Information you have provided for publication on our site(s), including, but not limited to, speaker names, job titles, company names and photos.
- Information that you and/or your organisation provide to us, or one of our data partners, over the telephone or email. We will disclose how we plan to process your data and only obtain your information when consent is given. The information requested may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name, job role, company name, phone number and email address.
We may also collect and store information about your access and visits to and use of our site(s). This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or are a trusted, contracted supplier. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
3 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
4 Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you keep your password secure and do not share this information with anyone.
5 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of data which is submitted to our site(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access as best we can.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please note that our retention period is two years.
This is the length of time that we will store and process your personal data. This has been carefully chosen to consider both parties neds and is deemed fair and no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
The retention period takes affect when two years have passed since the last engagement with one of our emails or since the last contact with a member of staff.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1 To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel my interest you, under the lawful basis of legitimate interest, or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2 To share with reputable partnering organisations (as defined in clause 4.1 below) for marketing purposes provided we have your consent to do so.
3 To notify you about changes or updates to our service.
4 To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
5 To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
If you do not agree with your data being used in this way, please ensure you do not tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data.
If you think we might be using your data and you wish to change your information, preferences or be erased from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
INFORMATION SHARING: WHO AND WHY
We do not rent or sell our customer email lists.
1 We may share aspects of your personal data with professional organisations (our event sponsors/partners) to promote similar products and services related to your area of interest. The only information that will be disclosed to an event sponsor/partner is your job title and company name. Other contact details, such as your name and email address, will only be shared if you have given us consent to do so.
2 In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
3 If a third party provides services for us, we may share your information for administration purposes only, such as our onsite registration and scanning systems, to create access for you to our event app, meeting system or other technology that will be available onsite.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you, before collecting your data or at our first point of contact, what data we are collecting and what it will be used for.
If you are an existing member of our database and no longer wish to receive newsletters or promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time. You can do this by following the ‘update your preferences’ or ‘unsubscribe’ link placed in the footer of a promotional email received from Osney Media. Alternatively, you can email, phone or send by post your details and “unsubscribe” marked at the top of the communication.
You can exercise your right to be forgotten and erased from our database entirely at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the information below. Once this request has been actioned, you cannot re-enter our database.
Osney Media will make every attempt to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date. In the instance that you feel the personal data we hold for you is incorrect, please email our Data Protection Officer and we will update your information as swiftly as possible.
Our site(s) may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Osney Media is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. These websites have their own privacy policies and we recommend reading these before navigating an external website.
Osney Media takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Any card payment information is not stored on our site(s) but through an external, secure payment platform, Stripe.
Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers on which we store personally identifiable information are a secure environment.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Data Protection Officer
2 Bath Place, Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3DR
Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7749 5174
We endeavour to respond to any requests as promptly as possible, however please note that you may continue to receive existing communications for a transitional period of up to 30 days whilst your preferences are updated on live campaigns.